5 OSes at once! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2003, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
the flaming hermit
Send a message via ICQ to þÄ®âÐÖx Send a message via Yahoo to þÄ®âÐÖx
Talking 5 OSes at once!

Well, I was bored today.. I do strange things when I'm bored.. So here's a screenshot of me viewing Tech Forums from 4 OSes at once on one computer.

The top left is Win2k Pro/IE5 running under VMWare Workstation, the top right is Slackware Linux 8.1/Konqueror 3.0.1 running off my Slackware box using XDMCP, the bottom left is Mandrake 9.0/Lynx under VMWare, and the bottom right is MacOS 8.1/IE3. By the time I was opening the last window (Mandrake/Lynx) my computer was lagging pretty good as I've only got 256mb of ram.. but it was all worth it though, right? Right?... hmm...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg error.jpeg (71.2 KB, 10 views)

Old 02-21-2003, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Insanity I say

If I even bother running RedHat 8 over Virtual PC or VMWare, then my system usually slows down to a crisp, seeing as only 256 MB of RAM on me here.

But it looked quite nice what Tech Forums would look like over the Lynx text browser.
Martin's Page of Stuff

I judge you when you use poor grammar.
Closed Thread