32 bit Vista and 4gb RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
Well after reading here and other places on the net I am aware that vista 32bit can only see 3.5gb of ram for the OS...right? well I was just wondering...if I have 4gb installed and alot 512 to be sent to my graphics chipset....does that mean that the system will take the 512 from the full 4gb leaving me with about 3.5 gb for vista...or will it take it from the 3.5 and leave me with 3 for vista....thanks in advance for your replies....let me know if I was unclear ...

It'll take from the 3.5GB and give you 3GB. 3.5GB (32bit OS limit) is including video RAM.

Vista 64 Bit with SP1 is the best. It is as stable as Server 08 which everyone raves about. I would suggest you go with that over 32 Bit anyday if you ahve the driver support.

Vista 64 Bit with SP1 is the best. It is as stable as Server 08 which everyone raves about. I would suggest you go with that over 32 Bit anyday if you ahve the driver support.

Yeah I have already checked and all my hardware is 64 bit compatible, and all of the programs I have checked sofar will also work on a 64 bit os...so basically I am just waiting for my new 1TB drive to get here on monday so I can back up my current drive and the 64 bit here I come....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom