32 bit longhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snyder

Solid State Member
Does anyone know if when Longhorn is released next year, will there be a version for PCs with 32 bit processors or will it only be for 64 bits?

thx in advance

As far as i have heard Vista will be both 32bit and 64bit but this is it for 32bit. The next OS after Vista codenamed "Blackcomb" will be strictly 64bit. M$ is tring to force users to go 64bit after Vista from what i have gathered.

Vista will be 64 bit but will also support 32 bit simular to how Win95 was 32bit but supported 16 bit. The Betas are pure 32 bit right now. As for Windows codenamed Blackcomb that is in 2012ish that topic doesn't have enough facts yet.

Umm there are 64bit versions of Vista out there. Just as there are Longhorn Server Beta 1 available. That is still the name of the Server Beta as of now. From what i have seen around it is NOT Vista Server yet.

Thats correct it's still Longhorn server as of now. I find it's odd that I didn't even know that a x64 Vista version is out there can you give some links I've checked Microsoft and didn't find anything.

Well i know it has been discussed on other boards. As for links to exactly where M$ has info on it i dont know off hand. But i do know that there was issues with the x64 Vista install. Most of the people that couldnt get it to work just installed the x86 version instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom