32-bit or 64-bit vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

escallui

Solid State Member
im currently building a new computer and im undecided on which vista i should buy. its between the 64-bit or 32-bit vista ultimate.im a newb at OS.

I need to know the main difference between these two, and advantages or disadvantages of them.
Thank you..!

Well the only real advantages I know of, is 64-bit can recognize more memory than 32bit's 3+-GB.
So if you're running 2 or 3 GB then you don't really need to go with 64 unless your goign to upgrade to 4.

The downlside of 64 bit is I guess theres still a few compatability issues. Don't ask what cause I dont know. I don't run too many old things. And theres always the run in compatability mode thing.

When I get the rest of my parts next week I'm goign 64bit just so i'll never have to bother.

go for 64 bit it is the latest. But if you buy 32 bit one then it will function on 64 bit procesor without any problem as these are upward compatible.

The main difference is that the processor works on either 32 bit or 64 bit bus architecture. So the OS also comes in build for 32 bit one and 64 bit one but the lower versions are alwasys upward compatible as well. so no promblem if you have 32bit OS for 64 bit Processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom