30 days left for activation, why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I have just got my new pc working, and it keeps on saying "30 days left for activation." when i put my coa number in there, it would go away but 5 minutes later it comes back, how do i get it to go away for good?

I'm not using my XP Pro cd, but my coa number that came with mine.

its not a 30 day trial, it was on my other pc for about a week, than i got annoyed with the slowness, so i formatted it.

^click activate by telephone. Call the 800 number and if you have to speak to a rep, just tell them you did a reinstall because of spyware or a virus. I do it all day.

You should be able to input your key into that activation wizzard. If not call them like the others have said... just wait till you hear the automated key activation system... youll be yelling hatefull things at that def automated voice in no time. =)

also, at my school the pc's have a xp pro coa number on the side, and i think it is unused because they have 2000 professional on all the pc's (unless if someone else had the same idea as me). would that be better than shouting at some person who probally wouldn't understand what im saying.

No, you will encounter no problems if you call Windows Technical Support. If you explain that you had to re-install Windows and it will not register, they will give you another number with little or no hassle. Believe me I have done it before.

Windows XP Home and Professional Editions require the user to activate Windows before the 30-day trial period ends via either telephone or internet.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom