2003 Domain Force Software installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak1986

Baseband Member
I have a Windows 2003 server that is set up as an active directory, and i am struggling to have software install on clients. I have created a GPO, but the gpo only allows .msi files. Well for an example i am trying to deploy norton, norton is an .exe file; so i downloaded ADvanced Installer. It is a program that converts .exe files into .msi files, but then i install the .msi file it just publishes the files. It converts the .msi back into the .exe file, basically just "unzips" the file. I would like to be able to convert the norton file into msi then have the domain controller push the program down to the clients, and not just give them the install file. I want the program to auto install with no user interaction. Does anyone know how to do this, I know i need to assign it to the computer not publish it, and also not just "unizp" the norton install. I would really appreciate any help.

anyone have a clue? i have assigned and gotten it to auto install but it only unzips the exe file doesnt. I need a way to record my exe installation with an answer file, does anyone know how to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom