2 ?'s. 1 for i.e. and other for outlook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteblazer01

Baseband Member
Hi guys! Here is my first question.

I was wondering if there is an option in Outlook (2000 v9) to where I can make an internet hyperlink from an e-mail open up a new internet explorer window, as opposed to use a current window. I don't like how it does that.

Second question. This is a 2 part question...

In internet explorer, whenever I open a new window via hyperlink, I want it to open as maximized. how can I do that, and second part, when it opens up as non-maximized, it opens up as a weird size. how can I change the size and location of the non-maximized window, so its like that next time? If this second part is confusing, let me know, I'll take a screenshot, and post it. thanks!

okay, here is a screenshot just in case. I don't like how the new window is a weird dimension. How does it get its dimensions?

weirdsize.jpg

This is the right place. Just need to be patient for a response... :)

On the outlook problem, I'm not sure what you mean when you say in a new window... The email system finctions more like a file system than like a web browser. So if you want to single click open an email, then I think the answer is no. As to viewing the email, if you disable .vbs stuff, and have a good junk mail filter, using the viewing pane is safe, but not if you don't have the above.

as to the IE problem, I think it's related to the default settings you have in your browser. There is a place in the registry that controls the settings for size, but I don't recall where off hand.

You can try this and see what happens...

Close all open IE sessions, and check task manager for anything running called iexplore.exe and kill it too... Then open a new window. Maximize it, and then close it. Open again. Should open maximized. if not, let us know. Then try the hyperlink and see what happenes... same result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom