2 os's, 2 hdd's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
as the title says i have 2 hdd's with operating systems installed that i need to access. i have my 160gb for gaming, and my 80gb for school work. its starting to get annoying when i have to open my computer up and disconnect my 160gb to access my school stuff, so i was wondering if it was possible to mod the boot.ini on my 160gb and add my 80gb to the list. im still in the slow process of transferring all of my stuff from the 80gb to the new 160, its just taking alot of time, i have 55gb's of crap that i need to sort thru and send to the 160. help?

Is both OSs Windows? If so, yes, you can mod your boot.ini file. If not, get Acronis Boot Manager, and that should let you boot either one... You should be able to access each drive from one OS or the other, just make sure the drives are both hooked up at the same time...

the easiest way to dual boot is to use partition magic. it hide the other OS all of the time. then you use pq boot to both to the other one.

I would wipe the 160 clean and make it my documents folder for both OS's, copy all of my data from the 80. I would then delete it and make 2 38154 mb (I.E. 40 gig) partitions. one would be for gaming and the other for school

its temp for school, it was my school pc, now i got my parts, now its my gaming.

im just gonna merge the files, gonna reinstall anyways, and ****, i just got around wpa too...lol another 6 hours on google here i come, but ill do it next week or so, i got too much **** planned this weeked.

currently i got the 80gb slaved to my dvd burner, so it boots to my sata, and i can get my stuff thru windows explorer, just not my docs, or desktop, so i have to log on every now and then to get my stuff, and send it to my "transfer" folder thats in the root of the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom