2 mice, mouse driver utilities problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2003, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default 2 mice, mouse driver utilities problem

I bought one of those nifty wireless key/mouse combos and, of course, a month later they come out with the better mouse in recharge cradle - instead of using batteries like mine...grr

I run out of battery life, AA batteries, and have canabalized remotes already, so I'm left with plugging in my USB Microsoft Optical which works great as a backup.

But, does someone know where/how to change the mouse driver utility in control panel for the new mouse? The logitech mouse applet driver still comes up even though XP pro recognizes two differing mice - and correctly uses the proper sys files for each as seen in Hardware Mangler. But I'm out of luck if I want to reprogram the buttons on the MS USB Optical. I don't want to go through the whole uninstall Logitech Mouseware, install MS Intellipoint dance routine - is this possible, and do you guys have any suggestions?

Much thanks.

oh yeh

XP Pro Version 5.1 build 2600 2.030422-1633 : SP1
Lost Screws
Spinning Avatars
Nosiest Power Supply Fan in the World
Magic Smoke
Widget of Yendor
There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
President, Digital Equipment, 1977
Closed Thread