2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Every time I boot up my pc the following executable wants me to install / run. It is called usrldr.exe. I run it was and have been canceling it every other time. How can I stop this from coming up all the time.

and

Areo is not displaying properly. it is showing likt this. How do i fix this plz?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thx

If you turn off UAC then you should get rid of the run file warning.

To make sure Aero is running you need to first see that it's enabled in your display control panel by doing the following:

• Right click on an empty portion of your desktophttp://www.i4u.com/11925/how-enable-windows-vista-aero-after-clean-vista-install#.
  • Click personalize
  • Click Window Color and Appearance
  • Click the link at the bottom of the page that says “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”
  • On the scroll list for Color Scheme choose Windows Aero from the list
  • Click apply
  • Click OK
  • Close the Personalize appearance and sounds dialog box
Also, make sure you graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Nope, 33 bit.

Mak, when you have some free time, can u plz give me a hand with this ?

thx

Guessing since you haven't answered my question, the answer is no. You can use the MSConfig Cleanup to help remove that entry from start up. As for the other problem with Aero and the default theme, not totally sure what's causing that.

Have you installed any software lately that may have some effect on this? Like Window Blinds or any alternative? Also can you get the normal Windows theme to work? Lastly, in the screenshot I only see Firefox, have you mistakenly installed a classic theme? Kinda doubt that but still worth asking.

Try the Aero troubleshooter.

Open Control Panel/Troubleshooting.
Under Appearance and Personalization, select the Display Aero desktop effects.

In the Troubleshooter dialog, click the Advanced link and place a check mark in the Apply Repairs Automatically option.

Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Try the Aero troubleshooter.

Open Control Panel/Troubleshooting.
Under Appearance and Personalization, select the Display Aero desktop effects.

In the Troubleshooter dialog, click the Advanced link and place a check mark in the Apply Repairs Automatically option.

Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

thx Mak, that fixed it. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom