2 instances of COM Surrogate running!

igbyslocumb

Beta member
I haven't install anything new, neither opened an email or went into a potentially dangerous website. I use this computer only to watch films on my living room.

Then suddenly it started to freeze and turn it off by itself when I was watching a film or listening to iTunes (not iTunes 11), I've been doing this for years with no problem what so ever! And I haven't install any new plug in or anything.

I haven't install anything new, neither opened an email or went into a potentially dangerous website. I use this computer only to watch films on my living room.

Then suddenly it started to freeze and turn it off by itself when I was watching a film or listening to iTunes (not iTunes 11), I've been doing this for years with no problem what so ever! And I haven't install any new plug in or anything.

280uxy9.jpg

As you can see in the image up there, there are two instances of the same file working and the one ran by user, not the SYSTEM, starts using more and more memory, more than 6GB! then the computer is unable to do almost anything! I stop and the computer works fine again, then it starts all by itself!

I already turned off the all the services and start ui programs, except the Microsoft ones. BTW, I'm running Windows 7 64bit on a ASUS Republic of Gamers notebook.

I have Norton 360, uninstalled and put Kaspersky, then Microsoft Security Essentials and I also went on quicksearch.bitdefender.com and nothing was found!

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

!GBY

You should run Malwarebytes Antimalware. Just because basic AV apps did not find anything doesnt mean that it isnt there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom