2 hard drives?? file swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

meddle1999

Beta member
I am running xp on a new hd. all is good . my old HD is installed as a second drive i try to acess my old files (still in administrators doc) on old HD but im told i do not have acess to these files. anyone shed any light or steer me in the right direction?

Good question. I have had pretty much the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is either put the old HD back in as 1st and move the docs out of the admin folder.

OR

you need some kind of server software that makes your current admin account more "powerful" than it is normally.

The second option is what I have to do because I am trying to access admin folder on other computers in my network and I can't because I am just a "regular" admin. Get it? I don't think that made any sence.

Get a friend with a computer, put the hard drive in that one (as a primary) and network.

Either you have to use the other drive as your Primary drive and move the documents out or there is a way around this. Warez and Eric B would have that information. They have discussed this before on how to do it. Try and search for those topics.

Rafe said:
Good question. I have had pretty much the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is either put the old HD back in as 1st and move the docs out of the admin folder.

OR

you need some kind of server software that makes your current admin account more "powerful" than it is normally.

The second option is what I have to do because I am trying to access admin folder on other computers in my network and I can't because I am just a "regular" admin. Get it? I don't think that made any sence.

interesting..

this way is alot quicker than taking ownership or booting from a linux cd like knoppix to copy and paste those file out of there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom