2 Hard Drive problems... Win98 and Win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computerfreak14 said:
well im goin to get it sometime before the weeks over...but how would i go about installing windows xp pro sp2 LITE...i got it off Bittorrent..but would i need a boot disk or something..someone shed some light thanks

never heard of sp2 lite, maybe you are thinking of bud lite?

well im not sure if ill be able to get the new harddrive becasue my car is in the shop for a few days..i would like to try to reformat the harddrive...when it trys to boot i get "Operating System Not Found" can i use a program of some sort to reformat and start from scratch...like killdisk? then just install windows xp again..can you give me steps please..thanks

well i just got the hard drive with Windows 98 to boot normaly how can i go about reformating..just useing the disk?

EDIT: I did have it booting normaly..but i had to rehook my cd drive and i think the jumper thing was loose and the hard drive just shut down...i think the jumper prongs are bent and the little thing you slide over isnt touching..what can i do to make better contact..to fix it

Computerfreak14 said:
well i just got the hard drive with Windows 98 to boot normaly how can i go about reformating..just useing the disk?

EDIT: I did have it booting normaly..but i had to rehook my cd drive and i think the jumper thing was loose and the hard drive just shut down...i think the jumper prongs are bent and the little thing you slide over isnt touching..what can i do to make better contact..to fix it

bend them outward, so you have to force the jumper a little. or in, whatever it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom