2 easy questions for the pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

freenet

Baseband Member
1. When I open my quickbooks program it always gives me this message"Windows Installer" "Please wait while windows configure office 2000 and then says insert disk"...there is no reason it should be looking for MS office when opening this program.. is there a way to stop it from doing this?

2. Back when i got my HP computer about 2 yrs ago i used to get little green lines that would show on the screen when lowering and raising the volume using the volume control on the HP keyboard then one day it just stopped. Anyone know how to get these to show again.

Thanks for any Help

Joe M
Freedom Networks
Baltimore ,MD

1. well do you have Microsoft Office? if so, just insert the disk and let it do its thing. i've seen this happen in the weirdest programs.

2. Check your keyboard driver CD, it might have that utility to install.

freenet said:
1. When I open my quickbooks program it always gives me this message"Windows Installer" "Please wait while windows configure office 2000 and then says insert disk"...there is no reason it should be looking for MS office when opening this program.. is there a way to stop it from doing this?

You know, that is a weird phenomenom that happens with MS Office and other programs.

It seems to be related to the "C:\Temp" directory. Quickbooks uses the Temp directory during operation, sometimes, MS Office has junk temp files there that run whenever a program tries to access that temp directory.

I still haven't found out why this happens but at least you know what is possibly causing your problem.

about the keyboard, i too have that keyboard and it will only work with HP computers, so if you hae got a new one but kept the old keyboard, it aint coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom