100% CPU Usage from "System" + Other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consequences

Baseband Member
Hello. I am in desperate need of help. Whats wrong with my computer is that im having 100% CPU Usage from system which is in task manager. What caused this problem was that I accidently kicked my power cord which powered off my computer and etc. while it was on and performing. Since then Ive been having the 100% CPU Usage and nothing seems to be working.

Im also having really slow start up problems. My computer loads up then goes to windows xp then loads up from there then theres a good 2-5 minute wait time to load up my login screen. And my last issue is that what ever application that runs off of java, my browser will freeze up and I have to exit off of task manager.

I really need help and I appreciate all of the help and the comments that you leave.

For more information about my problem here are links of what ive done and my other threads from other sites that I have about my issue.

Slow Startup + Other Problems - Geeks to Go!
100% CPU Usage from "System" - Geeks to Go!
100 CPU Usage, Slow Startup Slow Everything - Geeks to Go!

Okay first run a Deckard Scan and post it in our Analyze area. They did not help you to remove anything. Taking the entries out of HiJack does not remove them from the system. It only removes the entries from HiJack which they can come back. I dont know why they did that.

Get my a screenshot of your MSconfig screen so that i can see your bootup. Also in the task manager what process is taking up 100%? If it is the system idle process then there is nothing wrong. That is what you want to see.

Link to our Analyze area:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/

Ok I will do just that I will edit my post and add both of them onto here but with the Msconfig theres like 6 Different tabs I can take pictures of. Do you want me to take screenies of all of just one specific tab?.

Alright will get somebody to check that. But yoru screen shot is of the Task Manager. Not the msconfig screen.

To get that screen up Start>Run>type in msconfig. I want to see the startup. It will look close to this. Dont mind my theme...

msconfig.png

That way i can tell what you have starting up on boot to know what could possibly be slowing you down.

Ahh im sorry I read your post yesterday and just following up on what I remember, I posted the Taskmanager to show you it was System, not System Idle. I will edit the post and add the DSS log to were it belongs thank you for being patient with me.

Okay so what i see is Logitech stuff running, MSN, Registry Booster and Spyware Guard. Everythign else is off.

So my first guess is that it would be Registry Booster or spyware guard.

Also Download and run msconfig cleanup

MSConfig Cleanup - optimize your Windows startup

It is a trial but it should remove any entries you do not see there. It happens. ;)

We will get this figured out soon. It does sound like some pesky malware or virus you have on there. TechPro will be able to assist you in removing it if it is there. :)

Alright sounds good thanks for the moral boost :p. For the Msconfig cleanup I downloaded it and cleaned up everything. The problem still remains, I will wait for the log to be replied and for any other suggestions that you have.

Sure thing. Just stop on back to this thread once you get the all clear and we will continue to work on this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom