Xbox hard drive to laptop

gtrizy

Baseband Member
I recently found out (thanks to a user on this site) that the problem with my laptop was a broken hard drive, as I was shopping online for a new one I thought what about my 250gb hard drive in my xbox 360 that I'm not using.

I seen vidoes online about how to remove it and place it in the laptop.. etc but is there any way to wipe it and install windows and use it as a laptop hard drive? surely a hard drive is just a hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Xbox hard drive to laptop.

It should just be plug and play. If not, you can wipe it with a piece of software like Gparted.

Are they both the same though? Like is a 250 gb laptop and a 250 gb xbox hard drive identical or is one faster than the other.

Also after wiping it'd just be a case of putting in a windows 7 CD?

Cheers.

I don't know. Which 360 is this? An Elite? orrr..? I'm not very familiar with them :tongue:

Looks to be a normal hard drive once you get it all apart. Not sure of the specs though. It is SATA, that's all I know :tongue:

How do I turn my Laptop Hard drive into a usb portable hard drive?

Hello! This is my first post!

I'm not familiar with Xbox 360 models released after the original white model (Which I've had six of... and my most current got the red ring of death a few days ago) although I'm sure I'll buy one eventually. I'm not sure how their hard drives work. Are they removable?

I know, I'm not helping much with this post. I will say, however, that GameStop offers an Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable for $20 that can be used to backup your game data to an old Xbox 360 hard drive if you wanted to hang onto it.

Back
Top Bottom