Working for a laptop?

Meman

Solid State Member
Hi there. I'm new to this forum and posted this thread in the wrong section lol. Apologies. Hopefully this is the correct section. I shall simply copy and paste ---

Hello fellow members!

This may be random and somewhat unorthodox but here is my question:

I have recently started an online business and have invested quite a bit in it. Without too much detail, my nephew's birthday is coming up and I'd really like to get him something I know he'd like rather than something he'd use for a day.

I can't afford to spend a lot at the moment due to my new business, so this is where the question truly lies. I'd would like to know if it's a possibility to contact a company such as MSI, Alienware, Asus etc so as to represent, or, "work" for a decent laptop?

Does anyone know of such a method or have they tried? Any answers would be appreciated. I'm based in the UK.

Many thanks either way!

Unless you're a major player in the review industry, a fairly large business / potential testing market.. I highly doubt it. I mean, you can try...but I'm gonna say they won't just "give" you a laptop.

but I'm gonna say they won't just "give" you a laptop.
Hey carnageX, many thanks for your response! Indeed no one would be willing to give away a laptop, nor would I expect them to. I fully intend to work for the item. I think you're correct in that big Youtubers that review pcs do get products in return.

As I say, I have no intention of asking for a pc, but rather I do have enough free time to offer any services (within reason of course) that could behove the company, whatever that may be.

I'm not sure if there even is anything that I could do that would benefit a big company like Alienware/Dell, MSI etc but if there is, I'm willing to do it. I'm hoping for someone who has, or still does work for such a company who would know. But again, I do appreciate your response. :)

You can try contacting their marketing department or something... but you'll most likely have better luck charging to a credit card and working it off that way ;).

Yeah, I might actually try contacting the marketing department and see what they say. Not entirely sure what to say to them though lol.

I was even thinking of contacting a shop like Currys (a pc shop here in the UK) and telling them I'd work for them in sales part time or something like that.

I don't have a credit card, but I have several options in that department so that's not really an issue. It's just the interest here can be horrendous.

I don't mean to sound cheap, but when starting a new business, you really do have to reinvest every penny into your new venture.

Ok so I tried to respond, but got a message saying the moderators need to review my post. That was over an hour ago. :confused:

So to quickly summarise -

A credit card is an option , but the interest here can be horrendous. :neutral:

I might just try and contact a pc shop and attempt to sort of work part time for the item. As you mentioned, I also might try contact the marketing department of the likes of MSI or Alienware.

Yeah, I'm with Carnage on that. I have a buddy of mine who gets stuff from NewEgg all the time to review. He had to sign a bunch of paperwork, but because he writes reviews on their web site and is very detailed, they signed him up to get free stuff just to write reviews on it. Gotta be lucky to get that type of a gig, though.

Yeah, I'm with Carnage on that. I have a buddy of mine who gets stuff from NewEgg all the time to review. He had to sign a bunch of paperwork, but because he writes reviews on their web site and is very detailed, they signed him up to get free stuff just to write reviews on it. Gotta be lucky to get that type of a gig, though.
Cheers Shadow. :thumbsup:

That is a very cool situation. To get a bunch of tech for free simply to review them would be fantastic. Of course though, you'd really have to know what you're doing/talking about.

As you say, you've got to be quite lucky to be in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom