Won't power on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
I have with me a beastly Dell Inspiron 5160 which when the power button is pressed the lights on the front blink however thats all. The battery light stays on and blinks about 3 times then dies. Is this a faulty battery or more serious?

Thankyou.

It could be a wide number of things between bad battery, bad motherboard, etc.
This thing happened to me last year, but I was able to cure it by simply blowing air and clearing out all the dust. I guess a dust particle was causing a short -- I'm not exactly sure what happened but doing this helped me.

I would suggest covering all your bases first before you go and spend money on repairs i.e. blow that sucker with air.

If none of the above works, disconnect the power, open the case and remove the watch battery on the systemboard. Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. Reseat the memory. Reinstall the battery, plug in the system and see if it poweres on now.

Take the battery out, but plug the laptop in.

I found one time that this dead battery prevented the computer from loading the os. It would just halt. But as soon as I removed the dead battery, it worked perfectly.

Hmm oook. I actually hate dells. I get two dells for reparis and the simplest things are impossible. I have a dell XPS. Yeah it's really good. It dosnt even have a socket cpu. Got a nice slot :p

Dells can be hit-and-miss quality wise. At least they're usually well documented and fairly easy to service, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom