Wireless Problems? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Wireless Problems?

My laptop is giving me problems wireless wise, my wireless light keeps on going in and out and I cant find any connections anywhere. Now of course when I plug in the cable the internet works but my wireless doesn't I have tried as far as I know everything I know, the wireless card is working fine atleast my computer is telling me this. I tried to troubleshoot it to find out what might be going on and it tells me Wireless capabilities are turned off where do I go. I am using windows 7 but I just cant find out anything. As for the wireless light i turn it off with the switch then back on and the light come back on but then later it will go off but the wireless button is still turned on. Any help would be awsoome

Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Wireless Problems?

When the wireless light turns off, it means there is no communication with your router. If it blinks, that means it is searching for wireless spots.

What wireless card do you have? Look it up in device manager if you do not know. Should be under Networking.

Has it ever worked before?
Neowin.net Steam Account
Closed Thread