Wireless Internet Keeps Dropping Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_MacDonald

Beta member
Hi,
I've been looking all around but I think my case is something quite rare. I have A Sony Vaio Laptop that will disconnect from the internet every 5-10 minutes. The odd thing is it still says it's connected when I look in the Taskbar (Is it called that?) It will still say 54mbps with signal strength very good, but the internet (All browsers) And Skype which I use will go offline. This is defiantly something wrong with my Laptop because I have another Windows 7 laptop that has no problems and also used to own an iPod Touch which had no problems either. I have tried almost everything I can find on the web but none of it seems to work...
The only way to fix it seems to be to flick the wireless switch off and on and wait for it to reconnect. You can wait for 10-15 minutes and in the end it will reconnect showing a message that the wireless network is now connected (Even though it said it was connected before).
Any help would be muchly appreciated and I understand you will need more info so please just tell me what to do :) (I'm not a computer geek so explain it in simple terms please :D Thanks

Well what have you installed right before this started to happen? Have you tried used a Restore Point from a time before this started to happen? Did this happen right out of the box? Have you checked for updated drivers?

Hi both...
Firstly, It has been happening for years. I can't remember when It first started, I was too young...
And I think I have tried to update drivers, but it said they were on the latest anyway...
And the model number is: PCG-9P6M. Hope this helps,
Thanks

I have the same issues as you. I agree- a cheap wireless card is the way to go. My desktop runs off of a cheap USB wireless card, and it never has the issues that the laptops do.

It can be fixed if you can get a new Mini-PCI wireless card. It's in a compartment under your laptop, usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom