Wireless adapter isn't recognised at all

aimo3

In Runtime
Acer Aspire E1-431

I had windows 8 installed on this LT. The wireless adapter was not recognised at all in Device Manager. I mean there wasn't even a device shown with the yellow triangle which shows when a device needs a driver. The wireless adapter has no indication in Device Manager that it existed in the first place. Plus it was infected.

I formated it and installed Windows 10 for testing, because Windows 10 is good in installing all the drivers by itself very quickly. And the result is as you can see in the screenshots.

I don't see any phisical switch for the wireless. The flight mode is greyed out. All the function keys work including disabling the touchpad, volume up/down/mute starting/stopping/forwarding media players, ... etc, except the wireless key. It doesn't respond at all.

Attachments

• Device Manager.png
    Device Manager.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Network.png
    Network.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 1
Windows 10 pulled all the drivers, but as you see in the screenshot, there isn't another network controller beside the wired ethernet controller to pull a driver for. This is the problem.

However for the sake of trying out something, I downloaded and installed a wireless driver from Acer website. But it was for Windows 7 and 8, as there are not drivers for Windows 10 in the website. Anyway, it didn't do anything.

And kindly note that When Windows 8 was installed, the situation wasn't different. The problem is the same, which is the missing of the wireless adaptrer in the Device Manager. I am not talking about the driver being installed or not. I am saying that the controller isn't there in the first place to see if there is a missing driver or not.

Thanks,

Double check to make sure it's seated in the board all the way, if you can get to the wireless adapter.

Back
Top Bottom