Wired fan problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
When I turn on my laptop the fan is really loud but after five minutes it quiets down. So my question is should I go and have this fixed. I am also worried about the technicians reading my hardrive. Should I remove it or just have it overwritten?

Hello,

What laptop do you have, and how long have you had it?

There's a possibility that it's overheating. What are your system temperatures when you boot up? Use a freeware program like CoreTemp to monitor your system temperatures. Your BIOS may also provide you info about your system temperatures. Also, does it get abnormally loud when you're booted in the OS?

Whether you can take out your hard drive before servicing depends on whether the service provider permits you to. Most permit it, especially if it's being serviced by the notebook manufacturer since they have the necessary images to diagnose hardware problems without the customer's hard drive. However, 3rd party repairers may not allow it.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I do not think that the temperature has much to do with this issue because this happens only when I turn the laptop on when it has been inactive over night so it is basically cold. A few days ago the problem went away but now it is back again.

Do you think the acc umulating dust in my laptop may be a problem. I have the can with compressed air but I have not yet used it on my laptop. Do you think I should?

Yes. There is probably something stuck in there like dust, dog hair or possibly some debris. Spray it thoroughly and spray in every vent and fan. See if that helps.

When I turn on my laptop the fan is really loud but after five minutes it quiets down. So my question is should I go and have this fixed. I am also worried about the technicians reading my hardrive. Should I remove it or just have it overwritten?

Sorry.... But with you being so worried, what is on there that shouldn't be? Technicians don't normaly scan someones hard drive unless you are suspected of having illegial materials on there... There are the few random ones at places like GeekSquad that do it to find pron and the such but... Still...

Thanks for the speedy reply. I do not think that the temperature has much to do with this issue because this happens only when I turn the laptop on when it has been inactive over night so it is basically cold. A few days ago the problem went away but now it is back again.

Do you think the acc umulating dust in my laptop may be a problem. I have the can with compressed air but I have not yet used it on my laptop. Do you think I should?

^What laptop do you have?

I have a computer from MSI. It is an AMD laptop.

As for the temperatures it tells me that the computer is 40C while the CPU is 83C. The fan is not loud now but when I turn it on it sounds like a chopper has landed next door.

I am concerned about people looking at my personal data. I have accumulated a lot of personal stuff on the HD so I do mind if people look at it.

83c is WAY too high for a CPU to be at... Blow the dust out. What kind of surface is it sitting on? Is it getting proper ventilation? May want to pick up a laptop cooling pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom