Windows Laptop under $1900 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
THat actually makes sense!

So is there a better deal than the Dell Inspiron Mini?

It depends on what you want. If you don't need allot of storage on the laptop the 16gb SSD on the mini 9 is nice and it has pretty good battery life with the standard battery.

The eeepc 100h has the longest batter life (7.5 hours) and the biggest screen (10') and a 80gb hard drive which is less durable than the ssd on the dell but gives you allot more space.

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee PC 1000H 80G – Fine Ebony NetBook Intel Atom 10.0" Wide SVGA 1GB Memory 80GB HDD Integrated Graphics - Laptops / Notebooks

The Acer Aspire 1 is the cheapest and the 6 cell version has a 160gb hard drive, a 8.9" screen like the dell and gets 5.5 hours of battery life. I haven't seen any of the ones with the 6 cell batteries in stock but they are supposed to be available at the end of the month for ~$400.

Just throwing my $.02 in here... I would pick up a $600-$700 laptop mainly for school work and some mild gaming/multimedia and then put the other $1200 towards a desktop. You can build a beastly rig for that much that would be able to run anything on the market and probably most games for the next few years.

Plus, gaming on a laptop sucks... Horrible battery life and you better be wearing some thick jeans if you ever actually set it on your lap as those suckers get extremely hot.

I bought the aforementions p-7811fx, and I also agree with this 100%.

The p-7811fx IS a great computer but carrying it around is all but impossible and a desktop would be a very nice alternative if this ever breaks or anything. Also if you get a $1900 definitely buy a 3 year warranty for it.

Just throwing my $.02 in here... I would pick up a $600-$700 laptop mainly for school work and some mild gaming/multimedia and then put the other $1200 towards a desktop. You can build a beastly rig for that much that would be able to run anything on the market and probably most games for the next few years.

Plus, gaming on a laptop sucks... Horrible battery life and you better be wearing some thick jeans if you ever actually set it on your lap as those suckers get extremely hot.

i agree too

oh and lex your right on the acer having good laptops thing

Lenovo has a netbook (mini like Dell 9) that I would be interested in if I were a windows user.

But if I were going to buy one, I'd go with the eee 901/1000h purely because its battery life is known to get 6-7 hours and there are alot of third parties making accessories and spare batteries. It is also linux-friendly which is a big plus for me. The 1000h, however, comes packaged with windows for ~$500.

There are alot of Netbooks for cheap. Msi Wind, Dell inspiron 9, Lenovo Ideapad S10, Acer Aspire One, Sylvana Gnetbook, Cloudbook, ect, ect, but they're all VERY similar except for the price and a few things different. What stands out about the EEE is its battery life. At least the versions of the EEE running the atom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom