Windows Error Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgolf54

Baseband Member
I have a packard bell easybook vista laptop.
I recently just rebooted windows vista using techguys recovery disk, now everytime it starts up i get the message saying " windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. if windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if the power was interupted during startup, choose start windows normally"

i've tried to start it normally and launch startup repair but i just get the same old message? everything was fine before i rebooted it, it was just running really slowly so i don't understand whats happening with it ?

I have ran a programme to check my RAM is working okay and it came back with no errors at all.

so any idea to fix it would be great. thanks

WHat did you install prior to this error? What were you using the techguys recovery disk for? Were you using it prior to the error or did you use that disk because windows wouldn't load?

You need to find out what was installed / updated in the last reboot. Then boot into safemode and uinstall / roll back that driver.

i didnt install anything for ages on it so i'm not sure the last thing . the laptop was just running pretty slowly. i ran diagnostics on my computer and got the report back it has a bit saying " error code = 0x0 "when i go into safemode i also get same message as above.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom