windows 8 ???? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: windows 8 ????

Originally Posted by Yevrag35 View Post
Please, for the love of god, tell me you or somebody else didn't pay over $300 for that.

On a serious note, more than likely the computer is running too many things for the RAM to handle. While it is a slow processor, video playing and web surfing should be easily doable with that setup. However, if too many things are running in the background, that can seriously hamper performance.
Not to mention, Windows 8 uses a pretty decent portion of that memory. Recommended is at least 4 GB. Upgrade that RAM and you should be fine.

Founder and Editor of - a blog dedicated to technology.

Systems Administrator specializing in Windows/VMWare Environments
elrebrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pushing Daisies on Saturn

Barring your computer's limited to 2GB, you should be able to, at least, upgrade the RAM to 4 (I would need to know the model of your laptop to be completely sure). With the E-300 APU, you're limited to only PC3-8500 DDR3 RAM, here's a link to some that I found: - Computer Hardware, Memory, Laptop Memory, 4GB (2 x 2GB), DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)

But to really be sure, we need to know the model of laptop you have. For instance, you could have 2 RAM slots with 1-2GB stick in one and the other is free, then you would only need 1 more 2GB stick. Or you have 2-1GB sticks in both slots, so you need to replace both sticks with 2-2GB sticks.
Another would be you only have 1 slot total with a 2GB stick present, for that you would need 1-4GB stick.

So many possibilities...

Yevrag35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Not to be mean, but you get what you pay for. You cheap out and get the lowest costing laptop on the market, naturally the thing will not fly like the wind. You got a low end CPU. Even a bump in RAM will not help you make the machine operate better. Next time spend some extra cash and get a better machine.

Till then your gonna have to learn to live with the limitations of the machine.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline   Reply With Quote