windows 10 laptop how to find the license

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
my dad's Lenovo laptop HD took a sht
but I just realized that theres no windows sticker with the license on it.
how do I find the windows license and where do I get another windows installation?

If there is already installed and activated Windows 10, then You do not need any key no more. You should only register this computer on Microsoft account or if You do not want do it, then use genuine ticket or Windows refresh and this Windows will be always activated automatically.
If You want to do a new clean installation, You can use MediaCreationTool or Windows iso or esd. These are free for everyone and always available.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

does Lenovo offer a download of windows that has all the Lenovo software and drivers on it to restore?

so I tried to find any sign of windows installation and the tech support told me its only available to buy on a bootable usb drive from them...
wtf?
he wouldn't give me a license or anything.
it makes no sense to me.
he keeps repeating some crap about how I didn't really pay for windows and its just included in the laptop .. wtf???

its on the laptop so it is there and I should be able to get a copy of it that I can register to same laptop on which the hard drive failed.

it seems like a good scam that Lenovo and other manufacturers are doing because they know a hard drive will eventually fail and people have to buy their recovery cd for 60 bucks

I cant believe people are so docile that literally every service that is offered has some kind of money sucking scam to get as much cash out of end user as they possibly can and people are ok with it. wtf happened to society? they simply don't fight back anymore ...

so I tried to find...
You do not need to buy anything if there already was installed and activated either Windows 7, 8-8.1 or 10 installed!
You do not ever need to buy any bootable USB, if You really need it You can made it Yourself.
You do not need to ever need any Lenovo recovery disk etc
If there is a very specific driver, then you can download it from the Lenovo homepage, generally you will not need anything, but if really, then go to their site and download.
You need to download the Windows installation ISO file (or esd) that I mentioned above and that's all. Windows gives You all generic drivers also, if You want, You can always replace them later.
Of course, a new hard drive, if it's really spoiled (?) and unusable. THat happens very rarely if it is HDD, if it is SSD, may be, that is needed to replace.

:lol: PS I live already more than 10 years 24/7 in computers and in internet. So I think, I know what I say.

what about the windows license?
its not written anywhere
As I already told you, it has been saved to your computer and to Your Microsoft account.
If you really want it to be somewhere else, use the genuine ticket method to save/store wherever you want. If you really do not know, what is genuine ticet method and how it works, then Google search will help you.
This has been talked about and written for three+ years already, written thousands of articles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=win....69i57j0l5.11497j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

what about the windows license?
its not written anywhere

Like Kalju said, you don't need a key. Windows 10 on non-custom-built PCs uses a digital product key rather than one that is printed on a sticker. On some computers you can view this in your EFI/BIOS. You can get to this on most HP computers by hitting the F10 key repeatedly as you power the PC on, for example. Essentially, check the BIOS if you really want the key, but you don't need it.

To reinstall Windows, download the Windows Media Creation Tool here and create your own USB drive and run the installation on the computer. Windows will get the drivers it needs when you complete setup. If there's anything not working right, visit the manufacturer's web site to get the drivers for your specific model.

cool I see what you mean now it worked
got windows 10 installed when original was windows 7...

which version or year did that type of license start with windows?
makes it easier to install

Back
Top Bottom