Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSFord

Baseband Member
Ok, so heres what i want to do. im not sure if it will work though. Ill give a bit of background info first.
I use protools for audio recording and editing, it worked fine on my laptop until i had some complications and had to reinstall windows. now protools will not work for some reason, I've been through everything i can think of to get it to work, and so far no luck.

I know its possible to install 2 Operating systems on a single computer, though Im not exactly sure how to do it. But I want to first get a bigger hard drive since the one I currently have is 160Gigs. I want to install my current windows vista because it works fine for everything except protools, and then I want to get an OEM windows XP and install it as the second OS to run protools and ableton live.

would this work how I intend it to, and how would I go about doing it?
I'm assuming that I would need to do 2 Partitions of the hard drive and install Vista on one and XP on the other. would i be able to access files from 1 partition while using the other or not? its not a huge deal if I cant, just curious.

Any advice on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it will work. Yes you need 2 partitions. Yes you can access files from the other OS. For a real indepth guide and information check out this page from NeoSmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom