Will Haswell be significantly better than Ivy Bridge?

Luke Star Chief

Beta member
I'm going to college this summer, in August. I've been looking into getting a new laptop for college and so far the one I've been looking at is the Asus UX51-VZ, as it has a good balance between portability, performance, and graphics that I'm looking for. However, I know Intel's Haswell architecture has just come out, but isn't available in any Asus Ultrabooks yet. As of now, I have no computer for use at home so I'm leaning towards getting my new laptop now. But, are the benefits of Haswell over Ivy Bridge really that significant that I should wait until it is released in more laptops?
Thanks for your help.

Computing power hasnt changed much since the core 2 chips came out. It's been a run for better battery life for years now, especially since the quad core chips became mainstream.

Computing power hasnt changed much since the core 2 chips came out. It's been a run for better battery life for years now, especially since the quad core chips became mainstream.

That is just not true.

The newer Nehalem/Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell Intel chips are significantly faster than the Core 2 chips, plus the newer chipsets support SATA3, USB3, and PCI 3.

Wow, computing power is certainly NOT measured solely based on frequency speeds. There's a lot more factors that come into play.

55318.png

55319.png

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7003/the-haswell-review-intel-core-i74770k-i54560k-tested/6

Back
Top Bottom