why is my laptop sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinyk

Solid State Member
I just recently upgraded my memory from 1gb to 2gb and things were great! Now all of the sudden my computer lags. My frame rate has practically bottomed out. I'm not sure what I've done, but wanted to know if there is anything I might be able to do to fix it.

Scan for viruses and spyware. They can slow down a computer. And defragment your hard drive, if you have never done one, then that could slow down your laptop too.

Yeah I did all that last night. Defraged, scanned using my anti virus and Adaware. I'm able to load video and games but when I go to watch/play, I get sound but the video doesn't sync. My WoW fps is at 4 on a consistant basis where it should be well over 20.

Is there another program I should/could be using to scan my laptop?

yep on the new memory - bought from new egg
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory Model

That's the exact same memory I'm using in my XPS M1710. So it shouldn't be a memory problem. Have you tried putting your old memory back to see if your speed returns to normal?

I tried to do a system restore (used 6 different dates starting back a month ago) and had no luck there. I ended up just restoring my computer to the original dell settings:eek: . I didn't have much on it, just WoW. I'm pretty sure I may have deleted something I wasn't supposed to delete, so I think I may have fixed the problem. I was able to get videos to load fine (several) with out any issues this morning after the reload. We'll see how things go once I get the game back up and running. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

On behalf of T-F, you're welcome.

Usually when scanning for viruses or spyware, or doing anything you can to fix the problem, doesn't fix it...it's just better to reformat and start off fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom