Who won this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewalk

Baseband Member
I apologize if this isn't in the correct forum. I tried to post it in the Member's Zone, but it wouldn't let me. I just need some feedback on this trade, and who won. Please look at it from a subjective angle.

Apple Powerbook G4 Titanium (nine years old)
1GHz CPU
1GB RAM
60GB HDD
20 minute battery life
some minor wear & tear
Video card problems (screen flickers every now and again)

for

Apple iPhone 3GS
16GB
Brand new; perfect condition
It has a video camera, etc. It's pretty cool.
No SIM card, of course.

I haven't used my Mac in years, so I figured I'd sell it. Turns out I had someone offer me a straight up trade for an iPhone that my girlfriend has been nagging about for ages. Since her b'day is coming up, I jumped right on it.

Thing is, I don't know the first thing about cell phones, and I frankly I don't want to. My Nextel does everything I need it to; it allows me to make phone calls. Anywho, I checked eBay and saw the thing going for $350 which would be a monumental win on my side. However, I also saw where they were going for $99-$199 at various other places, including the 16GB iPhone 4g

All in all, I probably wouldn't buy my laptop for $100 making it a win/win regardless, that thing was a piece of junk imo. Still, I'd love some reassurance. I clearly don't know enough about phones to make that assessment. thanks in advance...

Yeah I agree. Considering how hard apple makes it to run old hardware (ESPECIALLY powerpc hardware), I'd say you are a clear winner here

Hold it in your hand and play a game on it. If it's getting uncomfortably warm, you've got a problem. If not, you're fine.

Hold it in your hand and play a game on it. If it's getting uncomfortably warm, you've got a problem. If not, you're fine.

Sorry, I meant stolen. How do I check to see if it's stolen or not? I know where to find her if so, and frankly, I'm almost certain that it's not. I still want to make sure.

LOL! Thought you were talking about the overheating problem lots of Apple stuff has.

There's no easy way for you to know if it's stolen or not, in fact it could be downright impossible. The hardware serial number would be the way, but then you'd have to know who sold the phone in the first place, and again who they sold it to. Even then, the original owner might have ebay'd it to someone else who gave it to someone else, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom