What is wrong with my i7 - 16gb - Nvidia??

adrianlopz

Beta member
Hi guys! Good afternoon,

This is my first post here, I was reading lots but I failed.

I have a Windows 7 Dell Precision M4600, it have an Intel i7 @ 2.70ghz, 16 gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2000M with 2Gb video, and 500gb hard disc (poor disk I know but I had no choice.. or money by today). All my drivers are up to date from the site of each one and I think this should be a good Computer, maybe is not great, but, I really wish to be able to play some games, use software as Photoshop fluidly or see HD video on it, but I can't.:(

When I try to play League of Legends (for example) I am always the last to load, I set in game the lowest visual efects and even so I can't reach 30 fps, and if the game gets intense the video Frezzes for a while...

Same thing happens when photoshoping, working on a huge canvas it get slow as hell.. or watching a heavy video.. :(

tracking my temperature while playing or PSing it keeps between 110 and 12o °F..

So.. what is wrong with my pc?

If you need some extra information let me know please!

Thank you All! :D

What are those the temps for? CPU or GPU? What are you using to check temps? Use HWMonitor if you're not using it already and post temps for GPU/CPU while under load.

What are those the temps for? CPU or GPU? What are you using to check temps? Use HWMonitor if you're not using it already and post temps for GPU/CPU while under load.

thanks carnageX!, done, here is the HWMonitor's result

temp.png

made this test while playng a game and having slow behavior
i was using AIDA64 before..

those temps don't look that bad at all is that idle of wen ur playing something? also if you could try a different card maybe borrow one from a friend just to test to rule if the video card is dying or not.

those temps don't look that bad at all is that idle of wen ur playing something? also if you could try a different card maybe borrow one from a friend just to test to rule if the video card is dying or not.

Yes, I was in the middle of a League of Leguends game :neutral:

also happens while im on internet,, sites scroll too slow and flash animations going like 5 fps..

A POSSIBLE IMPORTANT THING:
When I installed Windows at the first time with all the drivers that game ran excelent.. then day by day everything become worst :( may a program make trouble? or uncompatibility and make my card crush?

ok. yeah ur temps aren't bad at all. it could be a corrupt windows or a bad hd or ur card getting ready to kick it unfortunately the only way to test is like a said a different card if the problem is still there then try a fresh windows install. if that docent do it. it could a hd problem or even ram.

Are you sure your drivers are still installed properly?

Did you get the drivers for your card directly from nVidia's website?

Yes, i get my drivers directly from there... how can I verify they are STILL installed properly? installing again?

Yes, i get my drivers directly from there... how can I verify they are STILL installed properly? installing again?
Yes.

Also check device manager to make sure your other devices are recognizing their drivers as well.

HEY! Thanks for helping! I have my pc working again :eek: i just remove everything about Nvidia from my pc and leave Windows detect it and install it for me.. that was better than installing by myself.
Was a stupid solution (and problem) I think, so thank you all for your help and your time!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom