What would this mean?

Are you using an official Dell AC adapter? If so, then you may want to test the output voltage and such with a multimeter to make sure it's outputting the correct values.

...what?

I am using the one that came with the computer. I have no way to check the wattage. Idecided to purchase a new charger.

The one that is being used now that came with the computer gets detached from the computer easily.

Oh yes the power adapter dies have Dell on it. Also reads 65 Watts.

I am using the one that came with the computer. I have no way to check the wattage. Idecided to purchase a new charger.

The one that is being used now that came with the computer gets detached from the computer easily.

Oh yes the power adapter dies have Dell on it. Also reads 65 Watts.

Sounds like that could be part of the issue then; it doesn't have a solid connection so it's causing issues.

Does the new charger produce the same message?

Sounds like that could be part of the issue then; it doesn't have a solid connection so it's causing issues.

Does the new charger produce the same message?

Did not receive the charger yet. Just ordered last night. Should arrive on Friday, March 10th.

I did ring up Best Buys Geek squad. The test that would be done there would beenjoy what I am planning. Hook up to a different charger. If I find the computer needs a battery the install cost is only 39.00.

Well. I am believing the problem is not the connector to the computer. I put the tip of an ink pen in the little hole you see in the photograph. Moved the pen tip. The connector is as tight as could be. IMG_3113.JPG

Did not receive the charger yet. Just ordered last night. Should arrive on Friday, March 10th.

I did ring up Best Buys Geek squad. The test that would be done there would beenjoy what I am planning. Hook up to a different charger. If I find the computer needs a battery the install cost is only 39.00.

You could just go out and buy a digital multimeter for $20 and test the AC adapter you have yourself, too.

I had a dell laptop with the same error, and it refused to show a charge. Try another charger (mom & pop pc shop) and if it works then replace your charger. But the one I had did have a replacement charger and still got the same error. Turned out to be a small chip on the charge port card inside the laptop. I replaced this charging port with the little card and that fixed it. The charging port itself was good, not broken but that darn little chip built into the port card was the fault

The chsrgervtyat I put chased only cost 19.99 and the seller accepts returns. I am just happy the connector in the computer is tight. Here is a photograph of the charger that I purchased.

IMG_3114.JPG

Back
Top Bottom