What do YOU use your laptop for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I'm curious... are there any laptop gamers out there? I keep stumbling across forums with users curious as to whether or not they can play Battlefield or Crysis on their laptop. I never associated laptops with game playing. I like a big desktop sitting on a stable desk to play games. Something about a laptop just turns me off with games...

However, I absolutely love watching movies or live concert dvds on the laptop. Today I was cleaning up the house and I was taking the laptop with me in every room watching Pearl Jam live @ Madison Square Garden. Things like that are sweet. But when it comes down to gaming, I like my big throne @ the desktop.

Also, I use the laptop for typical school stuff as well. Note taking, excel spreadsheets, etc.

I have a Dell M1710 configured for me that I play all the games on:

Crysis, Bioshock, FEAR (+ expansions), Q4, Oblivion (+ expansions), Prey, Dooms 3, and it plays them more than beautifully... I do not expect maxed out setting, but I do want to play it with no lag.. and that is what I get. But I also do my paperwork, and media stuff on it as well... so for me it IS a desktop replacement. I even have a portable printer for it. LoL :p

I have a Aspire 5573zwxmi and it doesnt even compare with most of the laptop users here because it's not really built for gaming and bigger loads. The only thing i use this is for internet/tech forums/voip

I have an inspiron 9300, use it for games, movies, and music. I think the only thing i need is a gamepad/control. I am also upgrading my RAM to run better games.

I have an inspiron 9300, use it for games, movies, and music. I think the only thing i need is a gamepad/control. I am also upgrading my RAM to run better games.

I sort of have the same. Mine has the xps skin though. I have 2gb ddr2 and it runs great. Mine also has a pin mod to overclock the cpu from 1.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz.

I play games and just use it to replace my desktop now. Its just as fast if not faster then my desktop. The graphics are a little different in a few games I played.

I have am ABS G3 mayhem (I think that's the name) that I used to game on a lot. I usually do it on my desktop now, though. Oblivion ran like butter, though. Mostly I just use it for surfing and portability. Since my main is down atm and I haven't had time to troubleshoot it fully I'm using my lappy all the time.

i've got a toshiba satellite a215-s4697 that i upgraded to 2gb of ram, took of vista and threw on pro and the thing runs like a dream. my only complaint is that its heavy and not very portable. but when i got it i got it for around $450 and it retails for around 650-700 depending on when/where you get it so im extremely happy with it.

but i do my school work, all messaging, work stuff, internet, email, and basically everything except gaming, cause thats why i have a gaming rig :D

i really am thinking about getting a business notebook that's like "ultra-portable" anybody have experience with them?

I use my computer mainly for gaming and my laptop is only used for gaming when I'm on holiday etc. I use it everyday for emails, general surfing, occasional gaming and generally mucking about :p.

Ben

P.S. Happy New Year everyone!

Well I got a lappy i use for work, but i am using it more an more for coding an entertainment such as DVD's an music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom