What to do with old busted laptop.

Rakdos

Solid State Member
I have this big brick of a dell laptop from around 2003. What is there that I can do with it? Should i just take what little gold is in it out and recycle the rest? The computer itself turns on but the battery is fried so it has to be constantly plugged in. Also i deleted both partitions for some reason because i was about 13 or 14 when i got it :/

Any suggestions appreciated.

I have this big brick of a dell laptop from around 2003. What is there that I can do with it? Should i just take what little gold is in it out and recycle the rest? The computer itself turns on but the battery is fried so it has to be constantly plugged in. Also i deleted both partitions for some reason because i was about 13 or 14 when i got it :/

Any suggestions appreciated.

Could put Linux on it if you're interested in learning it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

You know, that sounds a good idea. How would I go about installing such an OS? Some form of disk or USB drive?

You know, that sounds a good idea. How would I go about installing such an OS? Some form of disk or USB drive?

Can do either.

Pick a distro, download the ISO and either burn it to a disc or use something like UNetbootin to make a bootable USB drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Okay, ill give it a go after work today. I will get back to you on how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom