what can i upgrade on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli

Baseband Member
since laptops get better and better every month...i want to make my own laptop faster...now idk what i can upgrade except for my RAM to upgrade the speed of it...

my laptop is a gateway mt3705...

thanks in advance

Hello,

Sometimes it is possible to upgrade the CPU on a laptop. Usually, it's research that will tell you whether you can upgrade the CPU on your laptop or not. Other times it's an experiment.

Theoretically, one would think you'd be able to upgrade your Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile Processor T2060 (or possibly T2250 depending on the MT3705 model you have) to a faster Intel Core Duo processor as they use the same socket (Socket M). However, features on the motherboard (such as the chipset and BIOS) may be a restriction, and prevent such an upgrade being successful. Sometimes, a BIOS upgrade is required to allow support for newer processors (if an upgrade is available). Besides, the faster Intel Core Duo processors aren't a significant leap ahead in terms of clock speed, compared to the Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor.

Having said that, I think you should check this out: MT3705 Processor Upgrade Possibilities - NotebookForums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom