What adapter is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I've built computers and have done many computer hardware related tasks, but I do not know the name of this connector. I took this out of my old dell inspiron that crapped out on me. 80GB and it is supposedly lockable so I was going to replace my 20gig xbox hard drive with this 80 gig, but i need to find out what kind of cable I need. Here is the picture of it.

100_0549.jpg

Oh okay I just pulled out that weird connector looking thing and I now see the pins for connecting it to my motherboard :D

Great...these pins don't fit into my connectors that I have. Is there some adapter I need to connect it to my dekstop? It's a laptop drive.

Almost all laptop HDD's have some sort of connector put on there by the manufacturer. I've seen a few SATA drives that don't, but I've seen some that do. About all IDE drives do, however.

Carnage is right. I was tearing apart a dell laptop for parts for my gateway solo. I was freaked that hdd wasn't going to fit until I realized it had an adapter on it. I took it off and it looked like every other ata hdd. But that is in fact ata and they do in fact make plenty of different adapters/connecters/external enclosures that will fit. The black thing on there is most likley an adapter by the looks of it. Looks like the adapter that came off the dell and plus you can see the pins to the right of the adapter.

Confirmed: It was an adapter lol.

Ordered my adapter for plugging it into my mobo. I hope i can fit it in my xbox hard drive enclosure since it's IDE.

The 360 drive enclosures are designed for SATA drives, I'm not sure if there is sufficient room for a convertor in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom