what acessories are available for cd rom tray laptop?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i just bought a used HP g62-225dx laptop and i dont need the cdrom tray

what options do i have?

i was thinking to maybe put a second hard drive or a second battery if its available. or any other acessories maybe?

Can get an HDD tray, and either put an SSD in there, or move your current HDD to there, reinstall Windows to the SSD and put it in place of the original drive.

is that pretty much it? i thought i saw somewhere a battery was also available for cdrom tray

anyone have a link i couldnt find a single result for either one? maybe im using wrong keywords

Not sure about the battery... not sure how that would work, since the CD-ROM connector goes through a SATA connector, and not really anyway for the battery to go through the SATA's power. I'd think it would be a specialty thing for certain laptops.

it was some time ago i looked it up for older laptops. possibly ibm t series or something might have been available. i had that one few years back

maybe i use it as a storage box lol

how about extra usb ports is that possible to DIY or something? i could always use more usb ports or anything else that can be DIY through that sata port

im only gonna use the laptop for car tuning and was planning to switch to SSD system drive it came with 320gb drive which i dont really need

i want to maximize the battery life and speed thats about it

+1 to what carnageX said. But I have seen some laptops that have a removable media tray have a floppy drive that can be installed. (mostly dell, but some select HP)

but yea, that is about it. Also, By looking at it, I'm not even sure that the drive can be removed and replaced with anything BUT another CD/DVD drive.

will it be any benefit to install a smal ssd drive there and move the virtual memory (paging file) location to the ssd drive or is the cdrom port too slow for any kind of improvement.

or what you guys recommend i do with 2 of those available. ssd in main HD spot and storage in cdrom or ssd in cdrom for virtual memory and system drive in main hd spot?

The CD-ROM port is still a SATA port, so it's limited by whatever the bandwidth of the SATA port is.

I'd put the main OS on the SSD, and storage/other things on the HDD. Would get more of a performance boost that way than just putting the page file on the SSD.

Back
Top Bottom