Weird problems regarding laptop. Help!

Running it 8-9 hours when you sleep is not 24/7. ;)

I actually meant that after working it all day, I did not want to keep it running for another 8hrs as I sleep. LOL

Ok there seems to be several tests here that I can choose:
-Fix All (short and long)
-SMART check
-Short Drive Self Test
-Drive Information
-Short Generic
-Long Generic
-Advanced Test

Not really sure what to use, so I'm now running a long generic. Its called "generic", so meh. :p

Long generic should have popped something up if there was indeed something wrong with the drive. You can try a Long Fix All if it'll make you feel better, but I'd say you're probably good.

What does the SMART test say? Shouldn't take long, as that is just data collection, but it helps show what the drive has recorded about it's life span sofar.

SMART tests I recommend due to the fact that they look at all data on the drive including the blocks and other stuff that make up a HDD

Ok that was weird. I clicked on the SMART test, and it took all of 5secs to say it PASSED? Not sure if there was something that went wrong.

SMART is just a system that the drive uses to record how it has performed it's entire life, it's there to help see if a drive could potentially be failing. If it passed, that means the drive is 100% with in specs set by the manufacture, which is a very good thing.

Back
Top Bottom