Weird Laptop Fan, CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hello TF members long time no see.
Okay this problem has been happening in my laptop for a while. Its fan almost never shuts up except for very rare occasions. Even when the laptop is idle, it still produces a sound. Sometimes it even screams on running not very demanding apps.
Also, in Safe Mode, this fan doesn't shut up! And when I put my hand next to the air vent, there's actually hot air coming out.
Also when I try to turn off the PC from safe mode, it gets stuck at "windows is shutting down" message and I have to turn it off manually from power button.
The sound isn't very bothering and the temps aren't too high, temp at idle is 34C for core 1 and 36C for core 2. It's just I feel this fan is gonna be fried!
One more problem (hehe) in CPU-Z, it shows that this laptop doesn't go below 1899 MHz ( full speed )
My laptop is very unknown, Daewoo DB-4108s
Specs :
T3100 Dual Core CPU @ 1.9 GHz
1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 Ram running at 768 MB only because 256 MB are reserved for Sis672 integrated GFX
Sis672 integrated GFX 256 MB
Thanks in advance.

Cleaning the fan? I don't see any dust in the air vents. It's not very loud actually unless I'm playing a game.. It's just I'm afraid that because the fan is working a lot it might be fried thus frying the CPU making the laptop useless.

Yep I know of course. But, even in idle ( and according to Realtemp the load doesn't exceed 2% ) the laptop fan keeps spinning in a heard voice and shuts up very rarely. I'm afraid this might damage the CPU fan. I'm thinking of getting a laptop cooler if this will help.

My Bios is very basic with no such options.
Are fans replaceable? Or if this one goes bad then my laptop is gone? Should I get a Laptop Cooler?
And if you know the answers to my other questions, please tell me :D
Thanks so far for the help.
EDIT : I just noticed the laptop whistles! it's producing a weird whistling sound! A Sound similar to that of the sound of your ear when you feel your ear is whistling.

So it's 100% the fan? I just don't want to buy a new fan atm without it being important as I'm saving every $ currently for a new fan, heatsink, PSU and possibly a GPU for my PC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom