Vostro sound static

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laotzu

Solid State Member
EDIT: The name of the thread should have read Sound static, not mic static. If an Admin could edit that, I would be grateful :).

So, before purchasing this Vostro 1500 I read around all over the internet for reviews, pros, cons, just everything. I knew that there was an unresolved issue with static when using headphones.

I have found that it is not that bad. I think in my case, it is the video card. It only happens to me when playing graphic intensive games. It did not even show up at all when running source on maxed out settings, but newer games will agitate the sound.

So, I know I can either get USB headphones or a USB 5.1 connector (I have nice 5.1 headphones anyways, so there's why I didn't care about this problem and still got this laptop) to resolve the headphone jack issue. But my only concern is that I will get the static even when not using headphones when playing graphic intensive games (right out of the laptop speakers)

So does that put me into a new boat of a problem that is not normal? Or is it all good?

And if that will fix the problem, then any cheap but good suggestions about how I should go about this? Is getting a 5.1 adapter the way to go? Or should I just get a higher quality sound card? Can you get both of those in one? Still a laptop newbie, and learning more everyday now that I finally have one :D .

Sorry if this post was so wordy, I just wrote as I thought. I'm pretty sure I covered the same idea more than once, at least once.

Thanx ahead of time
Best Wishes,
Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom