Vista -> Xp pro downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhitley

Beta member
I have a pavilion dv1017nr laptop, and I want to down grade to XP. I have found every driver for xp except the audio drivers. What are the chances of getting the audio to work with the vista drivers?

Also whenever I boot from the xp cd, after it loads the setup files, it blue-screens. :(

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried installing from one of my:

a) sp1 discs
b) sp3 discs

Yes, the computer was turned on. :)

You will most likely need to turn SATA mode to IDE in the BIOS (dunno if you'll be able to do this in HP's BIOS or not). That or find SATA drivers and slipstream them into a custom XP disc with nLite.

IMO, just stick with Vista. It's not bad (I'm using Ultimate x64 right now in fact). I like it way more than XP. XP has overstayed its welcome IMO.

Make sure that your Hard drive setting is on IDE and not RAID or AHD. My MSI laptop does the same thing.

As for the audio drivers, I know that calling HP is going to be pointless, however have you tried looking up your audio chipset website for Xp drivers.

Failing that. Identify your audio chipset. And then look online for another notebooks with the same audio chipset drivers, but with XP Support.

You can try using the Vista drivers under Windows Xp. I have had some success with that over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom