Vista on laptop? How terrible is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about Windows XP. Is it possible to install and use a friends copy of XP with his CD-key?, or are there some drawbacks to this?

Thanks.

you can install someone elses xp no probelm if it is already registered you run the risk of being done for copyright but windows don't usually mind if it is nder 3 pcs running the same key it will cost more money to take you to court then they will get for winning the settlement. They normally go after the pirates who frely give out xp keys so there are over 1,000 pc using the same copy of xp

dell make good laptops surprisingly you can also use the repair disks to install vista on any machine apparently dunno if thy have corrected that obvious flaw

No they haven't fixed that flaw. My Vista CD installs
on any computer i tried it on.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Vista.
I hate it and i would of liked to have XP installed.
I have 2gbs of RAM too. The thing is that when i
install XP i get alot of problems with drivers.

The main problem with Vista that i am having is
compatibility. Alot of the apps i run, don't run on
Vista.

My laptop runs vista very well.

2.0 Ghz core 2 duo, 2 gigs ram, x1400, and a 7200 rpm hard drive. It actually is a pleasant experience for me.

does vista slow down games significantly?
Depends on your specs.

If you have a lowish end processor and 512MB RAM, just simply avoid vista at all

if you have a descent processor and 1GB RAM, Vista is still significantly slower than XP

You really need at least 2GB RAM and a highish end processor for Vista to run well

Depends on your specs.

If you have a lowish end processor and 512MB RAM, just simply avoid vista at all

if you have a descent processor and 1GB RAM, Vista is still significantly slower than XP

You really need at least 2GB RAM and a highish end processor for Vista to run well

I agree somewhat; however, Vista runs faster on my pc than XP ever did/does. The hard drive cashing and ram usage is completely superior to XP, but it does require good hardware to operate well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom