Videos skipping on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.vance

Beta member
All videos skip on my laptop.
It doesn't matter if I am streaming online, or watching from my harddrive.
The audio will continue as normal, but the video will stop for a few seconds and then catch up with the audio. This happens every 15 seconds or so.

Also, I've noticed the same sort of things happens when I am typing. The cursor will freeze for a few seconds, and then I will see the text I've typed show up after.
(So maybe it's not a video problem then, let me know if I should move this somewhere else).

Not sure what I should try, any suggestions?

Laptop is an HP Pavilion DV7
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor: Intel Core 2: Duo 2.00 GHz
RAM: 4 GB

Thanks for any help!

I think you have too many programs running, causing a RAM/CPU slowdown.

Type msconfig in the Run command, look at what programs are in the startup tab. (should be in your Start menu)
Also look in Task Manager, see what all is running.
Won't be a bad thing to run Malwarebytes.

Also check and see if you have lots of dust clogging up your system. Use compressed air or something and blow out the fans and such. Heat can cause that problem.

Hey thanks for replying guys.
It must have been the CPU or memory. I cut down the processes and it seemed to get better, then I turned on High Performance and it appears to be gone. I guess that was a bit obvious...
I forgot to mention one other thing though:
Every so often, maybe once every two weeks or so, whenever I try to watch a video online my browser will stop responding. It doesn't matter what site the video is on or what browser I am using.

I believe that is linked to the same problem you had prior. You are expecting too much of your laptop, give it a rest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom