VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

vsp33ddyv

Beta member
Hello

I'm having a problem with my pc. Everytime I play a game of 2-4 Games of Smite my laptop crashes. This is one of the many Errors can get. What happens is my CPU is not overheated or anything during gameplay. The maximum of CPU usage is at 50%(when my game is crowded / when fast gameplay is needed/ when a lot of attacks are casted at the same time) but the average of CPU usage is around 30% but after 2-4 games of Smite my CPU usage goes up to 60% and 35%-40% is being caused by 'System'. and only 15-20% by 'Smite'. Now this is not the only Issue I get when it crashed but I can't remember the names. I have already solved a DCP_WATCHOG_VIOLATION or something like that.

My PC:
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.140309-1509)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: Medion
System Model: Akoya P7818
BIOS: 509
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8072MB RAM
Page File: 3727MB used, 12537MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M

What I already tried to solve the problem:
- Updated all drivers ( looked which ones were old/corrupted with Driver Toolkit)
-Reinstalled all drivers
- reinstalled Smite
-Cleaning Register
-AVG Scan
-Running game with AVG Disabled
-Defraging HDD
-Disabling verifier.exe (Deleted settings -> HELPED A LOT!!!)
-Running Game With Graphic Card Nvidia
-Running game On lowest settings
-Running game on Maximum settings(Which goes really smooth)
-Only running smite and nothing else(normaly I use teamspeak)
-Reinstalled old drivers
-chkdsk /F
-sfc /scannow
-Cleanup of PC
And I think that's everything

Like I said I don't know why this happens and it's driving me crazy. I have tried almost everything and can't find the problem. So maybe someone has some experience with this problem? My average CPU Usage during gameplay (with other program's running like Teamspeak/Firefox/...) is 25%-35%
I'm using 2 screens (1 laptop screen 1 external screen) via HDMI
EDIT: Just played Sniper Elite V2 and after 1 hour-2 hours of gameplay the game froze. I ended it with Control Panel and the game kept rebooting without me wanting it to reboot. I had to kill it again because when I clicked on something it went straight to my Desktop. I had firefox open at the moment and my my Firefox top was black/transparent. So it's definatly my graphic card.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Minidmp files 1.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Minidmp Files 2.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Minidmp Files 3.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 10446644_755874337788880_9144536309740137346_n.jpg
    10446644_755874337788880_9144536309740137346_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
"nvlddmkm.sys"

That shows its an issue related to nVidia.

Go to nVidia's website, and download the latest driver directly from their site yourself; not using a toolkit.

If you're already on the latest, then try dropping back a few revisions, because sometimes the latest drivers aren't that stable.

You said your CPU wasn't overheating... what are the temps of the GPU though? Did you measure those? If not, please post your GPU load temps (while gaming). Use something like HWMonitor, GPU-Z, EVGA Precision, or MSI Afterburner to find out the GPU temps.

Also, since it's a laptop, make sure you clean out the fan vents/blades with some canned air to get rid of dust - dust is a huge insulator of heat.

"nvlddmkm.sys"

That shows its an issue related to nVidia.

Go to nVidia's website, and download the latest driver directly from their site yourself; not using a toolkit.

If you're already on the latest, then try dropping back a few revisions, because sometimes the latest drivers aren't that stable.

You said your CPU wasn't overheating... what are the temps of the GPU though? Did you measure those? If not, please post your GPU load temps (while gaming). Use something like HWMonitor, GPU-Z, EVGA Precision, or MSI Afterburner to find out the GPU temps.

Also, since it's a laptop, make sure you clean out the fan vents/blades with some canned air to get rid of dust - dust is a huge insulator of heat.
I did not use a toolkit to download my drivers. I used a toolkit to check what drivers were out of date/corrupted. I already installed the latest drivers from the official Nvidia website. I'm downloading EVGA Precision now and I'll post them as soon as possible.
(Driver Nvidia: 337.88-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql)

EDIT: So I tried benchmarking my GPU and I noticed something strange. after benchmarking my GPU 4-8 times. The memory was always around 900MHz-1050 MHz but after 4-8 times of benchmarking this suddenly dropped to 405 MHz without me changing anything. I did not use overclocking or anything.
Becnhmarked wwith Unigine Heaven Bencchmark 4.0 Basic (Direct3D11)
CPU temperature was between 48°C and 58°C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom