Video Capture/Editing Laptop On A Budget - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Video Capture/Editing Laptop On A Budget

Alright, I'm currently using a two year old Gateway laptop for all my video capturing and editing needs. It does a very basic job of it and I know I need to upgrade as soon as possible.

I have a very small budget, preferably under $1000.

I need something reliable, a decent sized hard drive (something 200gb+ would be best), 3gb+ of ram (4gb preferred), and a screen size of 15.4" (could go bigger, but no smaller).

I'd like to hear what everyone's opinions on this are, as I want to make good use of the sales going on right now. Also, if there are any 0% Financing/No Interest for 12-18 Months deals going on, I'd really like to take advantage of those (if you know any, please tell me).

Also, I was thinking of purchasing a desktop tower to go along with the laptop a little while down the road to make use of a higher end video capture card. If anyone has any advice on this as well, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Video Capture/Editing Laptop On A Budget

As much as people dislike them I think a Dell Vostro would be your best bet. They start off at about $399 and can be customized to fit you needs.

Vostro Wireless Laptop PC & Wifi Notebook - Dell

I jsut created a Vostro with 4GB of RAM, 320GB Hard drive and some options like XP instead of Vista. The total came out to just over a grand. $1,057 total.

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

They have financing and all that available. For just over that mark you are looking for i think this is one of the best options you can find. Maybe someone knows of a deal that can get you a Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM and a 320 HDD for less. But this is at least a option.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread