Viable Gaming Laptop?

Bhop101

Beta member
Hello, so I recently decided against building a desktop or even buying one pre-buillt due to lack of space and my general mobile life. I have a substantial budget of up to $3k (give or take a few hundred) so I have several options on gaming laptops but I have heard a lot of bad things about them. I would like to be able to play games such as Skyrim of BF3 on ultra-max settings while maintaining a smooth fps but I have heard that no laptop can perform this task because the graphics card would continuously overheat and ruin my hardware so the only option to play games with intense gpu/cpu needs would be to build/buy a desktop. Is this true or is there a gaming laptop you might recommend within my price budget?

A really good option is to head on over here.
Eurocom Corporation - Number 1 in Desktop Replacement Notebook Technology

Click on products, then click the ultimate performance gaming laptops link near the top middle, then click the configure button on the bottom.

A 680m i7 setup will be enough to play BF3 and Skyrim smoothly. If you want the extra assurance make it dual 680m cards. That is all you should have to change besides going down to the drive options and making the first drive a 128GB Crucial SSD, then secondary drive a size of your choice.

Want to make mention, that what you are being told is true to an extent but overly exaggerated. These high performance laptops need to have good cooling and cool ambient temps to play for long periods of time. With a laptop, you also have to keep the heatsinks and fans free of dust or else it will start over heating quick just idling on the desktop.

Last edited:
unless you NEED a laptop and you need to pack up the computer frequently and use it somewhere else for a while, then get a desktop.

Back
Top Bottom