Vaio- woth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluminatus

Solid State Member
As i find myself traveling a lot these days,i was thinking it's time to buy a laptop. Would anyone here recommand a Vaio ? If so , why ? Is it worth the money ?

i wouldn't,they seem kinda crapy for the amount of money you have to pay for em.

if you want something cheap and good look at some acer aspires.

I would definitely recommend against Acers. Cheap crap most of them have been in my many years of experience dealing with them and almost non-existant support.

Sony is good but I think they're over priced. You can get an msi/asus/toshiba with same specs for less money every time and really it will be just as good. With Sony I think you pay for the name more than anything.

Sony makes solid laptops, but they tend to use a lot or proprietary stuff and you pay a lot for the name.

Acer are crap, avoid them. The prices may look good, but hats about it

Toshiba's in my experience use proprietary ram and have a attendance to break.

Compaq uses cheap everything. My last laptop was a Compaq, I hated it. The integrated sound was failing the thing was core2 but still used a p4 vintage 945 chipset)

If you can, get one direct from Asus or MSI. They make a lot of the laptops for oems anyways, their machines are solid and tend to have much more value.

I wouldn't get a vaio IMO. Overpriced for the quality you get. I've heard only good things about Acer laptops... but I personally haven't dealt with them, so jorsoft may have a better idea of their support.

I have an HP, and always recommend HP to friends, family, and clients. Quality laptop, decently priced, and their customer service has been great.

Alright. Thanks for your input guys.So it's don't to Toshiba/Asus/HP . Will keep researching .:nerd:

Get an HP, I like HP. Vaio's are extremely overpriced and Sony tends to use WAY too much proprietary spam on their PC's. Sony has a record of making things that only work on their hardware, components that don't work in other PC's, etc. Never had an Acer, but people say they're bad. Don't get a Compaq, my friend's Compaq had a failed hinge, a dead CD drive, and some other hardware issues. My new HP is nice though.

I'd definitely look at HP, I have a dv9700t and it runs great.

As much as I usually tell people to avoid them, Dell laptops are very good value for the price. Make sure you get a hefty warranty if you get a dell, because they are known to have shotty workmanship (assembly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom