Vaio EB15FG with Core-i3-330M nly with 2 cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
Dear all,

I guess the title says it all. I have a new Vaio EB15FB with Core-i3 330M running W7 Home Premium 64-bit. I just realized that instead of 2 cores/4 thread, it only has 2 cores/2 thread. My office uses Dell 14R Core-i3 330 M and it has 2 cores/4 thread. Is this 2/4 or 2/2 BIOS related, or there is some strange going on with my Vaio?

I also cannot connect to windows update server since day one, either by wireless or cable. Internet browsing and other online stuffs (antivirus, antispam, etc) seems to be working fine. I tried turning off firewall, deactivating the antivirus, etc, but still no effect. The Dell on the other hand, has already been updated many dozen times since first start up. I tried troubleshooting as the code that appears after failure to connect, still no effect.

Things are getting desperate here, I would welcome any advice.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

The 2/4;2/2 problem may be in your BIOS. Where, I can not say. It could be that the board cannot use the 4 threads, therefore it was disabled by the manufacturer. Not sure tho. Did you try calling up Sony?

IIRC, you can not get updates if you are not validated. Right click Computer in the start menu, go to properties. It should say there rather or not you are validated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom