*Urgent* My Laptop D620 is malfunctioning!

Little Eagle

Beta member
Hello everyone here, please can someone help me to fix this?
Recently, my laptop Latitude D620 just picked up a fault which origin I could not clearly explained.
The system suddenly started hanging. It all began with some keyboard freezing, that later developed to all.
Now the hanging has extended to even programs. To worsen it, the system now hangs at booting immediately after displaying the windows starting page.
However, sometimes, it gets to the welcome page and shows the home screen, and later hangs after few minutes.
Please can anyone help me! I'm just a newbie to computer and technology. I've tried to solve things by searching solutions online but all to no avail. What is up with my Laptop? Does it mean I'm going for a new one? Please someone help!
(*Every jot of comment will be highly appreciated even if it's just a word*).
THANKS SO MUCH IN ANTICIPATION.

I would recommend checking temps, but D620 i am familiar with and it's a very very old model of computer with largely out-dated hardware, surprised yours hasn't cut out yet. I would certainly recommend going for a new one.

Hello everyone here, please can someone help me to fix this?
Recently, my laptop Latitude D620 just picked up a fault which origin I could not clearly explained.
The system suddenly started hanging. It all began with some keyboard freezing, that later developed to all.
Now the hanging has extended to even programs. To worsen it, the system now hangs at booting immediately after displaying the windows starting page.
However, sometimes, it gets to the welcome page and shows the home screen, and later hangs after few minutes.
Please can anyone help me! I'm just a newbie to computer and technology. I've tried to solve things by searching solutions online but all to no avail. What is up with my Laptop? Does it mean I'm going for a new one? Please someone help!
(*Every jot of comment will be highly appreciated even if it's just a word*).
THANKS SO MUCH IN ANTICIPATION.

Try running a chkdsk on it. Boot into Windows, and open up a command prompt (run as Admin if you're on Windows Vista or 7). Then type in the following:

chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say "Cannot lock drive, run on reboot? y/n" Type in Y and hit enter. It should say it's scheduled for the next reboot; reboot and see if it runs the chkdsk on the drive.

Back
Top Bottom