Urgent - big probleem, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksN8

Baseband Member
Ok, My sisters laptop came with windows vista

i convinced her to let me downgrade to xp, i done it and when i ran driver magician to give me the download link for the wireless adapter it did, i downloaded it and ran it and it doesn't seem to scan and look for networks

i go to network connections and it doesn't show neither the Ethernet adapter or the wireless one

heeelpp, please, this is urgent

Got the CD which came with the laptop? Also I would find out the model of he ethnert and wireless adpaters instead of using a program to find them.

The CD Never came

Also i did that and now Microsoft say that the manufacturer driver i used is not digitally signed, this maybe the reason

how do i resolve this

You just click continue anyway, why would a laptop company sell dodgy software or hardware or whatever? :p

People should know that downgrading isnt always the best option anymore. Not all companies are still supporting XP anymore since they cant sell it. No sense in them developing drivers for a OS they dont sell.

Since it is XP you can use drivers that are not digitally signed. But your best option is to go to the laptop manufacturer's site and see if they have supported drivers.

If you know the device in question you can always go to that manufacturer's site and try to get driver from there.

Also please do not bump your own topic within 30 minutes. Someone will be by to answer it when they can. If you are in that much of a rush to get a immediate answer there is also tech support you can call. being a forum not everyone will know the answer right away.

I did

Then i go to device manager and then it shows the adapter installed but it doesnt allow me to enable it, must be because it isnt microsoft signed

arrrr

There's nout wrong with vista since the release of SP1. Do you have the CD to upgrade to Vista?

You probably shouldn't have convinced her until you knew you could find all the drivers for it. She may also lose some of the functionality advertised or that she paid for. I highly suggest you reinstall Vista.

You probably shouldn't have convinced her until you knew you could find all the drivers for it. She may also lose some of the functionality advertised or that she paid for. I highly suggest you reinstall Vista.

On top of that. The warranty doesn't have to be honored.

I think the solution is to re-install vista, it's better than vista once UAC has been disabled IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom